Us Poland Totalization Agreement

The certificate of coverage you receive from one country indicates the effective date of your exemption from paying social security taxes in the other country. In general, this is the date you started working in the other country, but not before the date the agreement came into force. Bilateral social security agreements provide for the coordination of social security systems in Poland and the other Contracting State. These agreements improve the situation of beneficiaries in the context of the acquisition of social security benefits, as they guarantee insurance cover to all persons falling within the personal scope of the agreement. The effect of bilateral social security agreements is that access to employment by Polish citizens in a country bound by such an agreement to Poland always leads positively to the acquisition of the right to social security benefits. In addition, many countries have complex social security systems, for example. B which depend on the nature of the work. In these cases, a tabination agreement should set out very explicit guidelines and restrictions that might not apply in other countries. These objective rules include what may not apply to any agreement entered into by the United States: any tabling agreement includes an exception for international employees. Under this derogation, a person who is temporarily transferred for the same employer to another county remains covered only by the national form sent to him. Workers and employers continue to contribute to the home social security system. The United States has signed tabling agreements with four countries in the service area of the FBU Poland: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. Information on all social security agreements can be found on the International Programs Overview website.

If you have any questions about international social security conventions, call the Social Security Administration`s Office of International Programs at 410-965-3322 or 410-965-7306. However, please do not call these numbers if you wish to inquire about an individual entitlement to benefits. The United States has agreements with several countries, called tabination agreements, to avoid double taxation of income with respect to social security taxes. These agreements should be taken into account when it is established whether a foreigner is subject to U.S. Social Security/Medicare tax or whether a U.S. citizen or resident alien is subject to a foreign country`s social security taxes. If you do not agree with the decision on your entitlement to benefits under the agreement, please contact a US or Polish social security service. People there can tell you what you need to do to appeal the decision. There are many nations in the world – Singapore and South Africa for example – that do not participate in totalization agreements with other countries.